Wednesday, June 2, 2010

who is this guy?

I have truly been blessed by the Lord to be part of such a remarkable and loving family. I cannot envision my life without them. It seems during times of trial you see how much you should normally be grateful for, concerning what you have been given.
This is my second bout with cancer. My first was at 21 years old when I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma of which has been in remission for 21 years. Thank You GOD. Now, I am facing a tougher trial of Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I have no anxiety as I know The Lord has a purpose and a plan for me in this. I pray for strength and submission to do his will. I recognize I will discover a great deal from this battle and I am sure it is far greater than my pea brain can grasp.
BTW, The reason for the name Godsoldier has to do with one of my tattoos. After I came to know the Lord 6 years ago, I wanted to express my joy. My wife, Dana, drew up a cool dagger and we decided on the nickname, Godsoldier, and put it into the tattoo. It happens to also be my license plate on my 1964 Ford Falcon.
The life of a Christian believer is not easy at times, as we are subject to ridicule and rebuke. However, we grow through difficult experiences in this life where our only hope is in our relationship with Jesus Christ.
I was an alcoholic, now sober for 7 years, cancer survivor (Hodgkin’s at 21), Bi-polar (diagnosed in rehab) and now fighting MCL. My situation is like that of a soldier. Show up and do your job. No questions asked and be of service. In this case, I am humbled that I will get an opportunity to glorify the Lord in who HE is and what he will be doing in my life.

Please pray for my family to be comforted by the Lord and to be blanketed by his peace during this process.

Godsoldier,
Rick

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Rick, Praying for you and the family every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS GUY!!
    Happy Birthday NUDZ.

    ReplyDelete