Sunday, June 13, 2010

HOME SWEET HOME

Thank you everyone for all your prayer and support. I just finished my first round of chemotherapy treatment. I am so happy to be home. The nursing staff at the hospital is wonderful and most (we were told 90 %) are believers and truly care about the patients. They are there for the right reason.
I thought I’d be going home no sooner than Monday; what a blessing it was to be discharged today! My white blood cell count is now on its way down- par for the course. On Tuesday, the morning I checked in, it was a high 37,000 (not good). Earlier today it was 12,400. It will continue to drop. This makes for a very low energy level. However, this is the plan with chemo.
I will be going into Dr. Mahmood’s office Tuesday for a shot of Neulasta to stimulate my white blood cells and help prevent infection. The next 21 days I am focusing on rest and recovery to go back and do it again. I am tired a lot, and now am starting to feel the effects more so, but I enjoy so much just being back at home with my family.

The Lord answered very kindly this week; God was gracious with my suffering. I can’t thank you enough for your continuous prayers. I am so thankful to God for His favor and protection over me and for the wonderful family, friends, prayer warriors, support team, and medical staff He has gifted me.

Would you please pray for me that God would continue to give me His strength, courage, peace, faith and healing all for the glory of His Son, Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord. Thank you.



The Lord is present,

Rick

1 comment:

  1. Praying with you. It's encouraging to see you faith. I'm sorry you are suffering, I know the lack of energy must be really hard for you - considering your normal GO power. We'll always picture you like the energizer bunny, well... only bigger.
    -J

    ReplyDelete