Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rick's 1st Day

"Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!"

PSALM 103:2-5


The LORD has been so good to us! Yes, may we never forget the good things He does!
Authorizations, paperwork and details have fallen into place as we had asked for. Thank you so much for praying with us, as GOD is continually faithful and always on perfect time.

We checked into the hospital this morning and everything has gone quite well. The nurses and medical staff are so wonderful and kind to Rick and, of course, he continues to make friends with almost everyone he meets. This makes for such comfort and joy.

By 3:30p Rick was prepped and ready for the first therapy treatment via IV drip (pic line). We were warned that this particular chemo drug causes possible chills and shakes, fever, dizziness, headache, sweats, nausea, vomiting. Rick is suffering very little side effects so far. Praise GOD! Rick enjoyed a juicy double cheese burger and a strawberry shake for dinner while watching the 'game' (boo-hoo..). Rick was very blessed by visits with his girls, parents, my mom, and his Agape group from church this evening, as well as the numerous texts and phone messages we have received today. Your love, encouragement and prayers carry us, honestly!

Dr. Mahmmod was by a bit earlier and said things are going as planned. Good news.

Tonight, we pray that Rick is given a peaceful night sleep. We pray that GOD continues to protect him and heal him, providing all things that he needs, loving him personally and perfectly. I also pray for you, that Jesus bless you, the way He continues to bless us- with His love.


With love, peace & abundant gratitude~

Dana, Skyler & Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment