Monday, June 7, 2010

The Giver of All Good Gifts

I want to take a moment to thank everyone for your encouraging emails, telephone calls and especially, your prayers. As I sit here on the eve just before I start my intensive treatment therapy, I am honestly feeling very relaxed and blessed. I had an incredible birthday which began last Thursday and continued through Sunday. I had a great time Thursday night celebrating with several of my young brothers and sisters from the Young Adult Ministry, followed by delicious dinners and K1 Speed Racing with Dana, the girls, my twin brother, Mike, his family and my mom & dad.

I was also gifted an amazing prayer time with about 35 people who gathered at our house to pray for my healing, my family and my treatment ahead, led by my brother in the Lord, Todd. What a tremendous blessing. I could not ask for anything more. I am in His hands.

As I continue to see the Lord bringing people back and into my life, I feel like I have been given a great gift. I know this may seem hard to understand. I will try to explain- the Lord has given me so many people in my life and to see how they are reaching out to me, showing their love, compassion, and support is incomprehensible at times. I ask, "Why me Lord?" I am reminded, it's Him, not me. His love for us is beyond measure and understanding. Yet, even in my simple sinful life He allows me such happiness, peace and strength by working through others.

There is one verse that the Lord continues to give me through people and that is Philippians 4:13 - " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".
I have tremendous hope and faith in this trial because I have the God who is bigger than any problem I have and no problem is too small, as He loves to hear from me.

I honestly don't know how people live through times of trial without God.
Thank You Lord, for saving me...


"let's get ready to rumble"James 1:2-8 --until next time,

Godsoldier

No comments:

Post a Comment