Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"THE KEEPER OF PROMISES"

Dear friends & family,


The past week has been a walk in the park, a groaning in the desert and a glorious view from the mountain tops.

Rick received a WBC last Thursday of a monumental 124,000! CRAZY!! What's even more mind-blowing is the fact that he had no bone pain. This is grace! GOD'S grace! Rick shared with me that the LORD had spoken to him about the painkillers he was using off and on for pain. ("Stop taking them. You don't need them; they are not good for you.") Rick stopped taking his painkillers 4 days before he was told his count was through the roof! NO PAIN?! Huh? The LORD is the keeper of promises. Praise GOD!!

With a WBC of 100,000+ Rick was more than protected against germ and infection to go to Kyra's dance recital with the family and friends Thursday night without a mask. He was happy. We were just stoked he was there! It was awesome! Danny & Heidi came by Friday night bearing gift- GO NOTRE DAME! Awesome fellowship. On Saturday, Rick and I took a walk in the park with Lola while Skyler & Kyra were away in Palm Springs at a church Summer Retreat for the weekend--much needed for them. Saturday night we caught up with the other Lange fam and Rick's parents for dinner, lots of laughs, and Rick and I did a little shopping afterward. We were blessed to spend Sunday morning at church together--the first in a month and went out for lunch too. The girls arrived home around 1pm and we spent hours catching up. My mom came over, with meals in tote-YUM- for next days. Rick continued to feel well and Monday's schedule afforded the 4 of us to go to the movies and out to lunch. By far, these days have been the most normal for us in a long time! A GIFT! A cherished gift.

I hope you know how much it means to Rick, the girls and me that you continue to stay close as we travel this journey that has been set before us. Forgive me/us if I don't respond to every email or phone message. At times it seems I am living someone else's life; as though I'm watching from a distance. Fewer days it's as though I imagine myself holding on to whatever will anchor me in my cyclonic angst. However, most days I am filled with an incredible peace and joy that continues to grow deeper within not only with every blessing and miracle from God but, through each pain and difficulty too. God truly is my refuge and my strength--my ever present help in all times of need.

I know it certainly has been a battle for Rick thus far; not only physically, but emotionally and spiritually too. Rick knows this season of great physical trial is truly GOD'S refining of his spirit. I can't even fathom his position but, I am so grateful for his relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. His comfort compels us to rest in the unknowing, drawing us in when we drift away and commands our hearts to persevere. Press on.

As we journey through this cancer valley we are shown there are many peaks and mountain tops along the way. I pray you can see them too. Although the stretch of the alien desert has been hard to cross-- we cross, and we endure. All by the Lord's immeasurable grace. His gifts are overflowing at the top and even set before us below in the dry places. There are streams in the desert.

I live out this trial side by side, face to face, hearts entwined- Rick, Skyler, Kyra, Jesus and me, and we are constantly overwhelmed by the blessed gifts of knowing your love- your support. We are greatly humbled. Many of you have commented on the power of prayer as this has shown to be the most significant impact in Rick's positive results and unexplained miracles- our peace, our joy, our vulnerability to walk by faith and not be sight, without question, can not be manufactured. All glory to GOD! For this, we cannot thank you enough! Prayers move! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

"For He has not ignored or belittled the suffering of the needy. He has not turned His back on them, but has listened to their cries for help. He will listen to the prayers of the destitute. He will not reject their pleas.
But when you ask Him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind." Ps. 26:24; 102:17; Jm. 1:6

I am brought to tears often over the fact that so many have and continue to fervently pray for and support my precious husband and our family. Thank you for believing with us. Thank you for loving us. We love you so much too. Please keep the love coming! It is everything. LOVE.

Life & peace in Christ,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment