Saturday, July 10, 2010

God's "Patient" Patient

Good morning everyone,

Today is day 5 in the hospital of Round One- Part B. I am feeling good and I have only really had to battle nausea which seems to be the consistent on this dosage of medications. Dr. Mahmood said that my progress is far better than he had expected. He is extremely happy with my neutriphils (heathly white cells) that are being produced and the rapid decline in the cancer cells. Thank You God!

I thought I might be able to go home today, considering I feel pretty good & the Methotrexate levels (chemo drug) in my liver are right where they need to be; however, since my hemoglobin levels are a little lower then they'd like, they are going to give me a couple of blood transfusions today.
I will also start on Neupregen shots tomorrow to boost WBC production.

Thank you so much for those of you who have donated blood on my behalf. Some of it will be used today. The doctors believe from here on out that I will need more transfusions as it will become necessary given what the first two parts of my treatment have accomplished along with what the next two will need to do. If you are "O" positive, please pray if it is something you are able to donate on my behalf. Please contact Dana.

I know the Lord is with me as He continues to be merciful in how many side effects He is battling for me each day. I believe the Lord is trying to teach me to be patient and wait on Him. Romans 15:5 says, "now may God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus." I need to constantly be reminded that everything is in His timing and not my own. Mainly, I am battling my mind on this issue. The Lord is extremely faithful and loving in teaching me to submit to His will. I always start out that way; however, it sure seems that I want to change it.

I am so encouraged by all your emails, visits and prayers. They keep me energized and focused on the Lord and the goal at hand. My family is a tremendous blessing and sense of strength as they are always here and I see the love of Christ in their eyes and faces. Please pray that the enemy stays at bay as I know he is on attack. But, he is a defeated foe and I am constantly reminded of our Lord's work and victory.


I would also ask for prayer for my family to continue to be immersed in God's love and peace and that I would have the battle heart of David.

I pray the Lord blesses you too, and your families this weekend. Enjoy everything around you as I definitely miss just simply being outside. It's funny that when things are temporarily removed from you, it's in those times you really miss and learn to appreciate how amazing they are.

Thank you again for everything you are doing on our behalf as I cannot thank you enough. Nothing goes unnoticed.


In His strength,

Gdsoldr

1 comment:

  1. Your hearts of servitude is so refreshing. It reminds me to persevere, though I may not like what the day holds for me, I know that God holds the day and me, so I can press on for the victory which is Christ Jesus. You guys are inspiring. And awesome. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete