Thursday, July 15, 2010

How I am doing is so much more than me personally.

Good morning everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. I wanted to take a moment and actually put into some words what I believe the Lord is putting on my heart to share with you. I am so blessed to have each and everyone one of you in my life. I continue to be amazed by The Lord’s work and hand in all of this. I was speaking last night with Dana and Kyra about some of my mental struggles the last few days and telling them I have been under some pretty harsh spiritual attack. I wanted to share with them as they are always here and are first to see all the changes happening in me.

The Lord has blessed me with unbelievable strength from the very beginning of the first blood test until this second round of Chemo. I believe it began Friday while I was still in the hospital that I started to feel resentful, irritated and just plain tired of being pricked, poked and prodded not mention the other things. I know this is a battle but I was still under the assumption my strength comes from The Lord and myself (really Lange, when it comes to me being a source of strength, yeah right). After Dana, Kyra and I prayed last night for relief from this mentality and attack, The Lord gave me revelation through the words and eyes of my wife and daughter.

Here is the bottom line: This battle is his and I cannot win it without him (The Lord). I must submit my will to be his and allow him to fight this for me. My inherent nature is that I am tough, I am a man and can do this..Well, it became very obvious that it cannot happen without Him. I share this with you all because I remember in the inception of everything sitting in church before I even knew I had MCL that I would find all the strength I needed in him so I could be as strong as I needed but I needed to be diligent in seeking him: furthermore, I needed to be very transparent with all that I will go through with anyone that wanted to know or ask. (there have only been a few times where I really felt and heard the Lord speak clearly and this was one of those times and his instruction).

Moreover, I am so grateful for my wife Dana. She has in essence given up everything to be my caretaker. She does everything for me without hesitation or question and with the selfless heart of a true servant of The Lord. In looking at her last night, I realized, everyone asks about how I am doing yet so much of my mental, physical and spiritual well being is wrapped up and reaffirmed in my wife. Dana is constantly praying for our family and others, being a source of strength for all of us, reading the bible, handling all the wonderful calls from concerned friends and family, updating the Blog, sterilizing the house, etc…..Why did it take me so long to see this?

It says in Proverbs 18:22 - The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the LORD. I know I have been given favor from the Lord for Dana. Proverbs was written be King Solomon who was given the gift of knowledge by the Lord to be the smartest man of his time and that of any man who will ever live or walk the earth.

In the end, How am I doing? As good as my wife and family. I am so blessed. Trials give you such light on the gifts you have been given.

Please pray for Dana to continue to be a light and source of strength and encouragement to all.
Please pray for my whole family(the girls, Mom, Dad, my brother and his family, Amber) to be continually immersed in the Lords love and peace.

Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for all you have done and are doing on my behalf. It all means so much that each and every day I am humbled once again.



A blessed man,

Rick Lange

No comments:

Post a Comment