Friday, July 16, 2010

"Hard Things = Prayer"

Thank you so much for your constant encouragement and prayers daily. We are humbled by the outpouring of love and I am forever changed--daily! GOD is so good to allow really hard things in our lives. These are the times that truly continue to transform my mind and engrave deep truth into my heart. I pray that you are able to embrace, with GOD'S help, your hard things too.

Today, Rick has started to really feel the effects of the Neulasta shot. Shoulder pain, back pain and now..calf pain. We knew this would be coming and as the onset approached yesterday, I hooked Rick up to this really cool TeNS machine (Trans cutaneous electrical nerve stimulation), so kindly brought to us by Le. It was fun to adjust it's settings on Rick, until I turned it up a little too high (...Le, I promise..I went really slow, just like you explained.) Man, that thing is sensitive- (referring to the TeNS.) No need to be concerned that I might be torturing our patient..we've got it down now. He is getting some relief from this quaint little, yet POWERFUL machine. Thank you Le! This time around we are also prepared with painkillers, which tend to take the edge off. Not sure how long these "growing pains" will last, however, we would be very blessed and encouraged if you would pray that Rick would be able to endure this time and the LORD would minimize the pain. "that He would grant Rick, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in his inner man,." Eph. 3:16

Secondly, we are asking for GOD'S favor upon our insurance company as Dr. Nademmanee, Rick's doctor at CITY OF HOPE, submits request for authorization for HLA A/B Blood Type testing for Rick's twin brother, Mike. This test is crucial in matching for Rick's stem cell transplant. Dr. Nade has been so great in communicating with us and submitted a request back in May, with no result. Please pray that our insurance (Blue Cross HMO) is responsive and agreeable in processing and authorizing this request for Mike and Rick's HLA blood type testing.

Always praying in the perfect will of our Sovereign GOD, thank you my dear loved ones.

Have a beautiful day.

Life & peace in waiting..
Dana

2 comments:

  1. Dana - Thanks for sharing this site, sister! I am so humbled to share in this journey even though we've never met or talked in person. God is just rallying his troops to come behind your family in prayer and we will do just that. Your lives give me encouragement. Please tell Rick my husband, Noel, and I send love and prayers in the sweet name of Jesus.

    Love,
    Melissa Runcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love....aaaaahhhhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete