Sunday, September 5, 2010

"HE INCREASES THE POWER OF THE WEAK"

Rick's 4th Round now complete. As I write this update on a cool, relaxing Sunday evening with Rick lying on the couch next to me, he has been home now for more than a day! I couldn't believe it when he called me at 10AM Saturday and said with total excitement, "You can come pick me up, they're letting me go....all my counts are good and my Methotrexate levels are perfect!!!" WHAT? It was like my birthday! Or maybe Rick's?!..God gave us an unexpected gift! One less day at the hospital!!! (Do you have any idea what this means?) Needless to say, the girls and I were so excited! Kyra and I met Rick and got him checked out. On our way home we stopped for Togo's where Rick had a sandwich and chips. (Again, do you have any idea what this means??- for him to even want to eat at this point is just amazing!) We got home where he followed up with a special heart-felt greeting from Lola and then a long nap; Important. Dinner, a rootbeer float; Vital.
He slept pretty decent last night. Today has been a bit more of a struggle to [want] to eat, but he's trying. Taking lots of naps. Rick sees Dr. Mahmood on Tuesday.

As I write "Thank You so Much" for your prayers and loving support, in my heart it does no justice to their impact and power that has moved mightly to strengthen Rick (and our family)this past week. God has shown Himself ever so mercifully in Rick's treatment and the grace He has provided is awesome. The LORD, Jesus Christ, in His faithfulness, compassion and love surely met Rick more than half way, fighting on his behalf. Thank You Savior! We love You LORD, because You tell us to cry out to You when we are weary & weak and You increase our power and strength. Amen. (Isaiah 40:29).

We look forward to September 21st, when Rick will have a Bone Marrow Biospy to determine whether he will need further chemo or not. We are praying hard that God has removed it all-
Please pray with us in asking God for His perfect will over Rick in this.

Thank you again for your lovingkindness, the supportive ways that show you care. We can't express enough how it causes each of us to strive with courage, hope and peace.

We love you.
Life & Peace in Christ~
Dana for Rick, Skyler & Kyra

No comments:

Post a Comment