Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"THE CALL"

Rick is in remission! Bone marrow biopsy results are in! No more Mantle Cell! It's gone!! Hallelujah! Our GOD is so good!!! No words can describe the overwhelming joy of my heart to know, not only this most amazing news of my husband's healing, but what is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. How gracious and compassionate are His ways. O how He loves us. Thank You Jesus!

Our visit to City of Hope was hopeful, yet after blood draws and long discussions with Dr. Nademanee, Rick's Hematologist, who will oversee transplant, etc., and the case coordinator, Kia, we were left still waiting. As of this evening, the bone marrow biopsy lab report had still not been available. However, Dr. Nade held nothing back and optimistically proceeded with preparing us for, in fine detail, "next-steps" concerning ALL that is required for Rick and his twin brother, Mike, (stem cell donor) to prepare for the days and weeks to come. This was very exciting, and a little maddening, for me anyway. No biopsy result, no validation, and transplant plans just didn't make sense to me. ("Why are you gettin' my hopes up doc?...") For the first time since Rick's GP called back in February regarding his "high" white blood count, I hadn't felt this anxious. Rick was peaceful, suggesting that God wants us to relax and enjoy some peace. ("WHAT?! RELAX? How can I? I'm holding my breath??")

We arrived home after a long day. My heart would not rest. My anticipation turned into anxiety and my silent prayers quickly turned into sobbing pleas to the Lord. In my lap I read, "Hear my prayer, O LORD; Let my cry for help come to You. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress, turn Your ear to me; When I call answer me quickly." Ps. 102:1-2.
Rick took my hands. He praised God for His goodness, for His grace; he begged Him for comfort and healing and prayed for peace. Overwhelmed, my heart and my eyes wept.

I read on- "Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, The LORD is compassionate and gracious." Ps. 103:1-4,8a. Yes. God is with us.

A few moments later Rick returned. Dr. Mahmood had left a message on his cell regarding the Bone Marrow Biopsy...he was very delighted by the results; No Mantle Cell in the Bone Marrow, all tests show negative to cancer....

As Rick played the message for me, I found myself with my face in my hands, now balling!!! "THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU GOD!" I threw my arms around Rick and kissed him and then....they lived happily ever after!

Kinda....

Kia, our case worker will follow up as she has already begun paperwork, so the ball is rolling! "Tentatively", pre-transplant treatment for Rick is to start October 18.

Many new things to begin to pray for as we go through the process.

First, we thank God for His love and faithfulness, for His Precious Son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and for you! Thank you for standing by us, praying with us and believing God for miracles! We thank God for Dr. Mahmood, his staff, St. Joseph's Oncology, Dr. Nade & City of Hope. We thank God for our loving parents, our sisters and brothers, precious nieces & nephews and family alike; our caring neighbors & friends; our beautiful, enduring daughters and our beloved church home, CCEA. We thank God for every prayer petitioned on Rick's (our family's)behalf; we thank God for how this has strengthened us and continues to show us How much He loves us; we are overwhelmingly humbled, forever changed--by His Grace. We love you all.

*We ask that as you pray for Rick, please pray for Mike as they both prepare.
*We ask God for His strength. Peace. To keep our eyes on Him.
*We pray for smooth transitions with all insurance transactions for Rick & Mike.
*We pray that all appointments are set according to God's perfect timing.
*We pray that Rick & Mike stay healthy and free from all colds, flu, infections- that God would prepare their bodies for all examinations, tests & transplant procedures.

BLESS GOD!
Dana

1 comment:

  1. PRAISE THE LORD!!! Words cannot express how overjoyed we are to hear this news!!! Our God is so good!!! Thank You, Jesus!!

    We will continue to pray! In the meantime, happy dance time!!!

    ReplyDelete