Friday, November 8, 2013

"HAPPY NOVEMBER + A NEW ADVENTURE"


Hi Everyone!


It's been so long since we've shared about Rick's journey and I thought this time of year to be just perfect! November is a special month as we get ready to celebrate the beauty of Thanksgiving for the abundance of all that we have and we thank God for life as Rick also turns 3 next week! :)

Tuesday, November 12th is Rick's 3rd (transplant) birthday and sometimes it's hard to believe that 3 years has passed already since his brave battle with stage 4 MCL. We remain in amazement of God's mercy and grace through it all. Without a doubt your prayers, loving support, and encouragement saw us through and we continue to feel so loved each time you ask how he is doing. Rick is doing well, working hard, and enjoying life! Other than discomforts of Fibromyalgia and degenerative arthritis in his shoulders (side effects from cancer/treatment--something Rick says he'll take over the cancer any day), he is better than ever! Even as I write this, I can't help but become emotional realizing the reality of what we have been carried through and where we are today. Where Rick is today! It's a miracle! And we give God all the glory.

Another really cool thing is Rick is running in the LA Marathon in March along side me and our daughter, Skyler & her husband, Aaron with Team World Vision. This is huge! For one thing, Rick hates running. Hates it. And, years ago he was told by his oncologist before his second bout with cancer that although Rick was in remission, he'd "never be a marathon runner..." At the time, Rick had no problem accepting the thought he'd never run a marathon ... because ... who'd wanna do that?! Oh, how little did we know. Today something big has gotten ahold of Rick's heart and it won't let go. Check out his story here: Rick Lange - Why I am Running

I am so very proud of my husband, especially since this is not an easy journey for him...this running thing. He does not like it and neither do his shin splints, but like he says, "God saved my life twice--now its time to give back." As I train for the big day myself, I look to my beautiful husband for inspiration--the man who hates running, but loves his God and people. And for this I give thanks. 

Thank you dear friends and family, those we see often and those we don't, for being another huge reason for us to be thankful. It is with great joy and deep love we wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving. 


In Christ,
Dana & Rick Lange

No comments:

Post a Comment